- Popil, Roman E., “Prediction of Score Cracking Propensity through Physical Testing”, Tappi PaperCon 2010 May 2-5, Atlanta, GA.
- Popil, Roman E., “A New Model for Converting Span Compression with Other Measurements to Ring Crush”, Tappi PaperCon 2010 May 2-5, Atlanta, GA.
- Popil, Roman E., “High Stiffness Surface Coating through Starch Encapsulation of Platy Kaolin” (poster),Tappi PaperCon 2010 May 2-5, Atlanta, GA.
- “Effects of Medium strength Properties and Component Rotation of Corrugated Endurance” Popil, R.E., Hojjatie, B., Schaepe, M.K., 6 th International Symposium Moisture and Creep Effects on Paper, Board and Containers, Madison WI July 13-15, 2009.
- Moisture and Creep Effects Symposium, Madison Wisconsin, 2009 – Effects of Component Properties of Corrugated Box Lifetime
- Popil, R.E.,"Water resistant coatings polymer/pigmented for linerboard wax replacement" Tappi 2006 Coating and Graphic Arts Conference, 2006, Atlanta GA.
- Popil, R.E., "Strategies for economical alternatives for wax replacement in packaging" Tappi 2007 Coating and Graphic Arts Conference, 2007 Miami, Fl.
- Ford, .Jagannathan, S., Kumar, S., Popil, R., "Electrohydrodynamic spraying for breathable water resistant containerboard", Tappi PaperCon 2008, Dallas, TX.
- "Shear Measurement to Detect Corrugated Board Crushing" , R. Popil, Tappi Corrugating Conference, Indianapolis, IN., Oct 31, 2007.
- "Dependencies of Corrugated Lifetime on Component Properties", R. Popil, M. Schaepe, Progress in Paper Physics Seminar, Helsinki, Finland, June 2 -5, 2008.
- "Adhesive level effect on corrugated board strength - experiment and FE modeling", Roman E. Popil, Michael K. Schaepe, Rami-Haj-Ali, Bo-Siou Wei, Joonho Choi, 2006 International Progress in Paper Physics Seminar, Miami University, Oxford Ohio, October 2006.
- "ECT Literature Review", Roman E. Popil, Tappi 2005 Corrugated Packaging Conference, September 26-27, 2005 Las Vegas, Nevada.
- "A Link Between Light-Weights and ECT Strength", Michael Schaepe and Roman E. Popil, Tappi 2005 Corrugated Packaging Conference, September 26-27, 2005 Las Vegas, Nevada.
"Comparative Evaluation of the Potential of Wax Alternative Coatings", R.E. Popil, Barrier Coating Symposium, October 12 - 13, 2004, Western Michigan University
- "Observations of dynamic paper compressibility", R.
Popil, Session F1, 1998 Progress in Paper Physics: A Seminar, University
of British Columbia, August 9 - 14, 1998.
- "Ink and paper effects on show through in white knock out directory printing", Eadie, Donald T. (Pacifica Papers Inc); Durand, Richard; Ford, P.; Stassi, A.; Popil, R.E.; McCarthy, J.J. Source: Proceedings of the International Printing and Graphic Arts Conference, 1998, p 193-198
- "On the causality of physical properties
on the printability of wood-containing papers", R.E. Popil,1996
TAPPI Process and Product Quality Control Conference, Cincinnati,
- "The wavelength dependence of transmitted
light formation measurement", R.E. Popil and B.D. Jordan, presented
at the 1995 International Paper Physics Conference, Niagara-on-the-Lake.
- "On-line Video Detection of Surface Dirt
on Pulp", R.E. Popil, K.C.D. Houston, K.R. Wilson, 1994 TAPPI
Process and Product Quality Control Conference, Savannah, Georgia.
- "The calendering creep equation - a physical
model", R.E. Popil, Papermaking Fundamentals, Transaction of
the Ninth Fundamental Research Symposium, Cambridge University,
- "Characterization of x-ray production
from krypton fluoride laser-produced plasma”, R. Fedosejevs,
R. Popil, PD Gupta, D. Vick, Y.Y. Tsui, A.A. Offenberger, X-rays
from Laser Plasmas, Proceedings
of SPIE, San Diego, CA, 19-21 August 1988.